With 6 highly successful Sample Food Fest’s under her belt, Sample Food Event‘s director Remy Tancred is spreading her wings and founding another feast. Today Remy has announced the Byron Bay Fine Food And Beverage Festival.
With a new format and of course a new location, #ByronFoodFest will be a spectacular addition to the Byron Foodie calendar. The event will held in the parklands adjacent the Elements Of Byron on Saturday 3rd June.
The program includes;
- A Gala Dinner on Friday 2nd June at Elements Of Byron
- The festival proper running from 11am – 7pm on Saturday 3rd June
- Producer and Beverage Masterclasses
- Signature plates from 12 local chefs
- Stalls from Artisan Producers
- Live music and entertainment
The Masterclasses look amazing. Jane Thompson of the Fabulous Ladies Wine Society is running a Beverage Masterclasses marquee with a monster list of wineries, distilleries and brewers. While the Producer Masterclasses include such gems as;
- Churn Some Butter with Pepe Saya
- Everyday Fermenting with Kate Walsh
- The Art Of Making Bottarga
- and Edible Weeds with Harvest Forager Peter Hardwick.
The line up of Chefs contains many faces familiar to Sample events, as well as some new names. However more than anything it’s a reminder of the depth of talent we have in the Byron region.
With plenty more announcements yet to be made, there is more than enough to excite local foodie and those who live outside the region. As a matter of fact for “out of towners” the VIP Foodies Weekend In Byron Package is worth considering.