5 Days until Sample Food Fest 2016, it’s the Northern Rivers Foodie Event of the year. Whether you’ve been before or this year will be your first time, here are 5 reasons you’ll want to be there.
1. Champagne MasterclassThe Cellar Bottleshops will be hosting not one but 3 Champagne Masterclasses 11am MOËT, 12pm VEUVE & 1pm MOËT, get your tix at The Cellar Marquee on the day only! Nothing says Spring like Champagne.
2. Because It’s Sample
Stating the obvious but if you’ve never been, it’s hard to describe how awesome it is. The Bangalow Showground becomes a rack of enchantment as Restaurants, Chefs, Farmers and foodies of all sorts gather to eat drink and be merry. It’s a spectacle and it’s a culinary delight. When it’s over you’ll probably wish it was once a week.
4. There Going To Be Some Awesome $5 & $10 Plates
Each year the centre of the show ring is groaning with stands run by local restaurants and chefs competing for the $5 & $10 plate prizes. There will be surprises but here are a couple we already know about.
- Dan and Steph (former My Kitchen Rules winners) – $10 Sausage Bahn Mi, $5 decadent brownie w/ warm salted caramel sauce.
- Monique Guterres from Hungry Like A Wolf – $10 tasting plate is Arepas with crisp local white fish, spring baby leaves & green sauce.
- 100 Mile Table – Signature $5 Bacon & Egg Butty.
Bear in mind this is not a comprehensive list just a few that caught my eye. Each year the winning plates are outstanding.
4. My Mayor Rules CookoffWith lots of Council Electioneering going on it’s going to be fun to see 4 of the region’s mayors in a cook off.
5. Over 200 Stall Holders
Apart from the action inside the rings there will be loads more stall holders through the showgrounds area. There will be condiments, fresh produce, cured meats, cooking equipment and so much more. When your tummy is full there is still plenty to see, experience and shop.